Dog left in vehicle in 95 degree heat, police say | Crime
ALBEMARLE - An Albemarle woman was reported for cruelty to animals on Friday, June 10, police say.
The Albemarle Police Department said Kari Burleson Moose, 31, of Wiscasett Street in Albemarle left her dog in a car for approximately 45 minutes while the outside temperature was 95 degrees.
The windows to the vehicle were cracked about 2 inches, police said.
The incident happened around 2 p.m. in a parking lot near the Albemarle Pharmacy on Yadkin Street.
There is no word on the dog's condition.
Top Stanly County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments