Off The Square named Best Casual Dish in NC | Restaurants
ALBEMARLE - Chef James Edwards should be very proud of himself and his staff.
Off The Square restaurant, boasting eclectic Carolina cuisine, won first place for Casual Dining in the Western Piedmont/ Mountain Region category for 2011 Best Dish In North Carolina competition.
According to the Off The Square website, five courses were entered into the contest and each course was made with ingredients straight from local farms.
The competition was held in June.
Best Dish NC is a statewide regional contest of the best menu items created by chefs that use local products and ingredients. It focuses on the creativity of the entries and the ingenuity of how local ingredients are used in the preparation and presentation of each dish.
One judge said OTS showed "impressive use of local from varied sources" and "all courses (were) outstanding!”
OTS is located at 114 South 2nd Street in Albemarle. To check out their menu, click here.
For more information on Best Dish NC winners, click here.
Top Stanly County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Comm Barber: Farm To School Calendar contest winners announced
- Governor McCrory to speak at Kannapolis Veteran's event
- FBI searching for Cabarrus sex offender who cut GPS tracker and fled
- RCCC touts Literature and Fine Arts Festival as success
- Man leads deputies on high speed chase with one year old and three week old in car